Let’s talk detox- a diet buzz word that’s thrown around more than confetti on New Year’s Eve this time a year, but is also a topic that is often misrepresented. When you hear detox or cleanse, does the horrifying image of running to the toilet every 20 minutes come to mind? While waste excretion is absolutely part of the body’s natural detoxification process, that’s not all that is involved in a true cleanse.
Detoxification is the body’s natural process of ridding the body of metabolic waste products and unwanted toxins. That’s right, the natural process. Our bodies are equipped with everything they need to detox themselves, without the help of expensive pills or the misery of a 21 day fix.
Just because diet companies promote detoxes, doesn’t mean that’s what you need to lose weight. So, how do you know if you body is in need of a detox? Some common symptoms include:
- Irregular hunger cues, specifically in the morning (ex: Craving only coffee in the
- Digestive problems (bloating, constipation, IBS)
- Increase in body fat
- Breakouts or dullness of skin
- Poor energy
- Moodiness, such as being easily angered
If you experience anything along the lines of the symptoms above, it might be time to show your body some love. As I mentioned before, your body is equipped to take care of removing harmful substances by itself, but when we overload our system with excessive amounts of sugar, alcohol, hydrogenated fat, stress…ehhem, the holiday season, it can cause our natural processes to slow down and not function to their fullest capacity. Luckily, the superfoods and other ingredients in MRM’s Detox and Cleanse powder are designed to increase blood flow and support the organs responsible for this natural process: the liver, kidneys and intestines. A few of those ingredients and their benefits are:
- Aloe Vera- a powerful ingredient to support digestion, which is even more important during a cleanse to keep waste and toxins moving out of the body. It is also rich in vitamins and antioxidants, which will further support the body’s detox organs to function properly.
- Dandelion Root- a natural diuretic that will help speed the process of eliminating toxins from the liver and kidneys
- Kelp- high in vitamins, minerals, and alginates- compounds that bind to heavy metals and environmental toxins in the digestive tract to prevent reabsorption into the blood stream.
If you’re feeling overweight, over burdened and totally over not feeling like your best self…it might be time to support your body through a cleanse. Detoxing your system is not just about going to the bathroom 8 times a day to lose a bunch of water weight. It’s about clearing your body of junk, so it can increase nutrient absorption, decrease stress, and slow down the visible signs of aging, to help you feel better NOW! Our bodies are built for this, simply consider MRM’s mix of superfoods as adding a boost to its efforts! Check out the incredible ingredient list below:
If you’re interested in trying this powder out, use the code ELLEN through this link to save 40% off!